Sunday 22 March 2009

truly Scrumptious challenge 3


The sketch over at Truly Scrumptious is lovely and I really enjoyed following it. For my card I have used hot off the press papers that I have had for ages. The stamp is a gorguss girl, cant seem to stop using these. I have also used a Su stamp for the swirls and the Punch is su too.

I have also decorate the inside because I had bits left over. Now I don't always do this because it costs more to post and I normally put a verse in my card. I have used my su punch again, I really love this punch a very lovely lady brought this back from the Usa for me, and bits of left over papers to finish it.





Now I thought I would take a quick photo of the cakes I made, because they don't last long in this house and I want to do a scrap page. I have only just got back into scrapbooking, card making seems to have taken over a bit.





I have had a lovely day today, the kids brought me tea in bed, with cards and presents. I received flowers, a Cd and new head phones for my Ipod (the ones that came with it hurt my ears). It would have been even nicer if my husband was not at work today, he left at 6.30 and works 12 hour shifts. I felt very grateful today for my wonderful family as I heard the news that Jade Goody died today. My heart goes out to her boys and her Mother, and I am not ashamed to say I had a few tears because I find it so sad, even though I do not know her. It is times like this that you realise how precious life is and how you need to make the most of it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise!! I love your card. This is so adorable. I can not WAIT until I can order me up some of these little cuties. I know it is supposed to happen soon. :) Love your layout and paper choice too!
Hugs~
Andrea

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Louise and such pretty papers and details and cute image, Hope you had a great day, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Louise. The papers are so yummy and your colouring is fab. Love the cakes too - they wouldn't last 5 seconds in our house! Thanks for joining in the TS challenge this week.

Bridgette said...

Hello Louise - I loved reading your post - I agree good health is a blessing and the love of our family, particularly on a day like today, makes us feel appreciative of all that we have and perhaps may take for granted in the daily round of things we have to do - on a lighter note - I'm not surprised your cakes don't stay around for long lol - oh, lovely card by the way !!!! as always - Bridgette xxx

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a wonderful card! BR-T

Anonymous said...

REALLY pretty card Louise,i don't have any of these gorguss girls yet!Your cakes just look too good to eat.Lou.xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Louise. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous. Yummy papers and cakes also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Michele x

Beth said...

Oh wow! This card is a stunner! The papers are so pretty! Yummy looking cakes too! Thanks for joining the TS challenge this week!
Beth xx

Dawn said...

Your card looks as yummy as your cakes!!
Love the swirls, colours and papers - gorgeous card!

Thanks for joining us this week!

angeljakki said...

Your card is stunning and your cakes look pretty good too x x x

RubyMay said...

wow...your card is so cute...and the cupcakes look soooo yummy x

mandy said...

absolutely gorgeous louise card and cakes,it certainly does make you think that your life isnt so bad after all xx

Unknown said...

HEY Louise

I have tagged you over on my blog. Love looking here.

See you soon
Emma xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...